Bounce Metronome 4.3 Public Beta
This has now been RELEASED.
PLEASE NOTE: this is BETA software. It's the public beta of version 4.3 which I've been working on since the end of 2011.
Also rhythms saved from this beta might play and animate in a different way in the final release. Thanks for trying it out, and do let me know if you have any suggestions, or find any bugs
- Polymeters like 3/8 with 2/4 (Beat prserving)
- New polymeters option for the Drum & Dance rhythms - if the parts vary in length, then you have an option to play them as a beat preserving polymeter (see video earlier in this page for an example).
- New rhythm phasing option for the Drum & Dance option (example in drop list of rhythms, video at the top of this page)
- You can use unicode now with file names, lyrics, bouncing numbers etc. The idea is to help the many users of Bounce Metronome who don't have English as their first language.
- Custom percussion menus - for use with e.g. studio drummer, can select any of its instruments by name for any of the parts using the normal non melodic percussion menu. Also as you hover the mouse over any of the instruments (or naviigate the menu with keyboard) you hear the instrument played so can preview what it sounds like before you select it.
- New on-screen percussion keyboard, lets you play any of the percussion instruments wiht the mouse.
- The Microsoft GS Wavetable synth which you get on every modern Windows computer as part of DirectX has the full selection of the GS drum kits, so I've added them in as presets into the drop list of non melodic percussion menus. This lets you can use any of the instruments on this page:http://www.voidaudio.net/percussion.html (though you can only use one of the drum kits at a time).
- Pitch and Volume bounces. These give you an audio version of the visual bounces, so may be of especial interest to blind users of the software.
- Bouncing Sprites made easier to use with new features
- Also added some preset visual options using unicode, e.g. option to show bouncing special characters now preset to a list of distinctive unicode printers Dingbats suitable in shape for a bouncing character: ★ ✾ ✰ ✲ ✳ ❉ ✿ ❂ ✺ ❀ ✽ ❄ ✪ ✫ ✯ ❖ ✖ ✦ ✧ ✠ ✡ ✢ ✣ ✤ ✥ ✙ ✚ ✜ ✕ ✇ ✷ ✸ ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ ❑ ■ ▲ ▼ ◆ ☺ ☻ ❍ ☪ ☯ ☸ ⌘ ❀ ◉ ◎ ▣ ◐ ◒ ◑ ◓ ◩ ◪ ◧ ◨ � - also for the beat numbers you can now set it to show various alternative numerals such as Japanese numerals, and Arabic Indic numerals.
- Using the custom beats per measure you can do things like play 5/4,conducted as 2/4 with eighth notes, and counted visually as 6/8, i.e. no need to synchronise the same measure size for the visuals or the conducting patterns with the sounds for any of the parts
- Tempo strip at the bottom of the 2D bounce window so you can adjust the tempo and see it change, without need to bring up the tempo dial. Arrow to the tempo dial which shows the direction of the tempo change - so when practising gradual tempo changes going up and down in cycles, you can see instantly which way the tempo is changing
- Numerous other minor features and additions
- A few minor improvements and bug fixes for the features already included version 4.2